Monday, June 11, 2018

Reading Workshop

I gather a good deal of information on independent reading skills during our sustained reading time or during buddy reading.
I vary the books children read.  We have a box of "old favorites" as well as a bin courtesy of the Mansfield Public Library.  Typically, I see students following the routines of reading time when we read familiar texts (old favorites).
During buddy reading, two friends sit side by side and share a story.  Working with a partner to share a book is an important skill.  
This student is evidencing good book handling skills.  She began the story by turning to the first page and turns the pages one at a time, subvocalizing the actions she sees in the pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always willing to receive feedback. Comments will not appear on the blog, rather they will go directly to me. Thanks.